Tuesday 5 January 2010

Cooking the recipe books

Like most women who like to cook a bit I have a lot of recipe books in my kitchen. From the right up-to-date (Jamie's America) to the ones I rescued before my mum took them to the local charity shop (The Jimmy Young Cook Book), and even my first ever cookery book, The Blue Peter Book Of Gorgeous Grub. I tend only to look at my books if there's something specific I want to make and need to find a recipe for. I try to refer to my books first and then go to the Internet if I can't find what I want.

But I've decided to challenge myself to use the books properly and my plan is to take a different book every week and to try at least one recipe from it. I'm also going to exclude recipes I've already tried, so I'm afraid Granny Lawson's Lunch Dish from Nigella Bites is going to have to take a back seat. It should be fun, and interesting, possibly frustrating, and God only knows what's going to happen when I get to White Trash Cooking books I and II!

No comments: